What do you get when you combine two of the most ambitious community organizations in the Van Etten, Spencer, and surrounding communities? INSPIRE: the result of a year-long consolidation of the Community Services Corporation (CSC) and the Youth and Community Foundation of Spencer-Van Etten (YCFSVE).
INSPIRE will help our community LIVE, LEARN, RENEW, and SUSTAIN. Our programs will enhance the quality of life of all individuals living in and around our community through programs that:
- Enhance health and vitality;
- Increase the availability and quality of individual and group housing;
- Stimulate for life-long learning;
- Promote economic renewal and development; and
- Encourage social and environmental responsibilty
We will continue:
INSPIRE is a non-profit public charity supported by donations from individuals and organizations and grants from foundations. It is a recognized 501(c)(3) organization by the IRS.
- The successful mini-grants program started by the YCF and expect to see it expanded in both the scope and amount of the awards;
- The 501(c)(3) umbrella service that was provided by the CSC and allowed groups such as the Nichols Park Pond Project and the Art House to receive much appreciated grant funding;
- Community outreach efforts including the Senior Information and Referral Service (SIRS), the Breakfast Club, etc; and
- Ownership of the Medical Clinic in Van Etten and will endeavor to maintain a provider there for many years to come.